Atualizada: 5 de Septiembre, 2013
Leatherman Tool Group, Inc. (“Leatherman,” “nosotros,” o “nuestro,”) se preocupa porque puedas conocer cómo utilizamos la información sobre ti. Esta información sobre tu privacidad te indicará qué información recogemos a tarvés de www.leatherman.es ( la web), como lo hacemos y cómo la compartimos. Además también damos información de qué medidas utilizamos para mantenerla a salvo de intrusiones.
Queremos aclarar que esta Política de privacidad sólo hace referencia a la información cedida a través de esta web y no a la cedida por otros medios, o bien cedida a terceras partes que puedan vender Leatherman.
Si se producen actualizaciones, quedarán reflejadas en la fecha de la parte superior del documento.
Tipos de información que recibimos
La información personal es la que te identifica como individuo. La información ala que tenemos acceso es nombre, dirección, número de teléfono, cumpleaños o información realtiva al pago en transacciones electrónicas. También tenemos acceso a la información que nos cedes cuando entras en contacto con el servicio técnico. Sólo tenemos acceso a esa información si voluntariamente la cedes, ya que la mayor parte de la web es accesible sin tener que proporcionar ningún tipo de información.
Es posible que en algún momnto contactemos contigo, gracias a esoa información, para ofrecerte la posibilidad de participar en encuestas, promociones, concursos, etc. Al participar en eetsos eventos también tendremos acceso a más información tuya. Al subscribirte a nuestros servicios entendemos que la cesión de tu información es voluntaria así que entendemos que tenemos persmiso para usar esa información simepre dentro de los límites de esta política.
Información no identificable personalmente
Al visitar la Web, ésta recoge de manera automática información que podrá ser usada después por Leatherman. Esta información puede incluir qué páginas han sido visitadas, desde que IP, el tipo de navegador o sistema operativo utilizado, fecha u hora de acceso etc.Esta información no es personal por lo que no está tradatada como tal. Para conseguir esa información usamos cookies, etiquetas u otras tecnologías similares.
Podemos además autorizar a ciertos terceros a incluir dichas cookies y etiquetas en nuestra web para ayudarnos a analizar el tráfico del sitio.
Muchos navegadores aceptan automáticamnete el uso de cookies pero son configurables para no hacerlo, perdinedo así algunas características de la web.
Utilizamos la información conseguida para:
- Necesidades del negocio: como abrir y mantener su cuenta de cliente, proporcionar productos y servicios que nos solicite, procesar pagos o enviarle comunicados administrativos sobre la Web.
- Para ofercerle nuestros productos o servicios o los de terceros;
- para comunicarle o administrar su participación en eventos especiales como concursos sorteos, etc;
- para evaluar y mejorar nuestro negocio, incluyendo nuestros productos o servicios o esta misma web;
- realizar análisis ya sean de mercado, de producto, demográficos, etcs; y
- para cumplir la leyes y poder mantener la seguridad de esta web así como la de sus usarios.
We use non-personally identifiable information collected through automated means for purposes such as: (1) customizing visits to the Website based on observable user preferences and actions; (2) delivering content (including advertising) correlating to our users’ interests based on the ways in which our users interact with the Website; (3) to perform data analyses, including market and consumer search, trend analysis, demographic analysis, and financial analysis; (4) diagnosing technical and service problems; and (5) administering the Website.
Information We Share. Except with your consent or as described in this Notice, we do not sell or otherwise share personal information collected on this Website with third parties. We may share and disclose your personal information to third parties in the following ways:
- Affiliates. We may share your personal information with our Affiliates so long as the disclosure and use of your personal information by such entities is consistent with this Notice.
- Service Providers. We may engage third parties to provide the services offered through this Website on our behalf, or other services with us for example, website development, order fulfillment, payment processing and collection, website hosting, credit verification and monitoring, and e-mail administration. We use a third-party service provider to send emails and newsletters to users and customers. We use a third party service provider to operate surveys and product evaluations and to collect information on our behalf in connection with those surveys. In such cases, we require such providers to maintain your personal information as confidential and to use the information only to perform the services specified by us in a manner consistent with this Notice.
- Surveys/Sweepstakes/Contests/Promotions. If you participate in a survey, sweepstakes, contest, or other promotion in connection with the Website or order placed through the Website, such participation serves as your consent for Leatherman to share your personal information collected in conjunction with the survey, sweepstakes, contest or promotion with the third party for administration of the survey or promotion and use in accordance with the terms provided with the promotion or survey.
- Other. We may share or disclose information, including personal information, to: (i) protect or defend our interests and the legal rights or property of Leatherman and our Affiliates; (ii) protect the rights, interest and safety and security of users of our website or members of the public; (iii) protect against fraud or for risk management purposes; or (iv) comply with prudent legal practice as we may determine, applicable law or legal process. In addition, if we sell all or substantially all of our business, or sell or transfer all or a material part of our assets, or are otherwise involved in a merger or transfer of all or a material part of our business (including transfers made as part of insolvency or bankruptcy proceedings), we may transfer all information we have collected and stored, including your personal information, to the party or parties involved in the transaction as part of that transaction.
We may sell or share non-personally identifiable data, including anonymized data derived from personal information collected from the Website, with third parties, including our Affiliates, dealers, marketing businesses and lead generation businesses, for any purpose.
Advertising Networks. We may work with advertising networks that deliver targeted advertisements to consumers and generate statistics and metrics related to the delivery of such advertisements using information collected through cookies, web server logs and web beacons. This information is used to provide customization, auditing, research and reporting for us, our Affiliates and other advertisers. This data collection takes place both on this Website and on third-party websites that participate in the advertising networks. We do not provide any personal information to an advertising network when you interact with or view a customized advertisement. However, when you view or interact with an advertisement, the possibility exists that the advertiser will make the assumption that you are interested in the subject matter of the advertisements.
Many companies that collect information for behavioral advertising are members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”). NAI offers the ability for you to opt-out of the behavioral advertising programs of their members by going to http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp or http://www.aboutads.info/choices. Please note that if you use a different computer, change your web browser, or delete your cookies, you will need to renew all of your opt-out choices.
We do not provide any Personal Information to an advertising network when you interact with or view a customized advertisement. However, when you view or interact with an advertisement, the possibility exists that the advertiser will make the assumption that you are interested in the subject matter of the advertisements. Click here to visit the Network Advertising Initiative website to learn more about ad serving companies and opt-out from each of those listed.
Please note that this does not opt you out of being served advertising but only excludes you from interest-based advertising. If you use the Leatherman website or Affiliate websites, you will continue to receive generic advertisements.
Your Choices; Accessing and Modifying Your Personal Information. You are able to make certain choices about how we communicate with you and the information we collect from you and share with third parties. You may choose not to receive marketing email communications from us by clicking on the unsubscribe link in our marketing emails, adjusting your email preferences via the hyperlink provided on the “My Account” page on the Website, or contacting us as specified in the “How to Contact Us” section below. You may still receive service oriented, administrative communications from us as you cannot opt-out of receiving such administrative communications.
Subject to applicable law, you may obtain a copy of certain personal information we maintain about you or update or correct inaccuracies in that information through the “My Account” page on the Website. If you believe that personal information we maintain about you is inaccurate, subject to applicable law, you may request that we correct or amend the information by contacting us as specified in the “How to Contact Us” section below. We will endeavor to implement requested changes as soon as reasonably practicable after receiving your request. We reserve the right to retain any personal information reasonably necessary to document our business activities and for archival and record retention purposes.
Your California Privacy Rights. California Civil Code Section 1798.83 entitles California customers to request information concerning whether a business has disclosed Personal Information to any third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. As stated in this Notice, Leatherman will not sell or share your personal information with non-Leatherman companies for their direct marketing purposes without your consent. California customers who wish to request further information about our compliance with this law or have questions or concerns about our privacy practices and policies may contact us as specified in the “How to Contact Us” section below.
Data Transfers. This Website is governed by and operated in accordance with the laws of the United States. If you are located outside the United States, please note that we may transfer the personal information we collect about you to countries other than the country in which the information originally was collected. Those countries may not have the same data protection laws as the country in which you initially provided the information. When we transfer your information to other countries, we will protect that information as described in this Notice and in accordance with applicable law.
Data Security. We maintain administrative and technical security measures designed to safeguard personal information in our possession against unauthorized use, disclosure, or modification. For example, Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology is used to encrypt your payment card information. Despite these measures, we cannot guarantee the security of networks, servers and databases we operate or that are operated on our behalf or that the information you transmit to Leatherman over the Internet will not be intercepted, deleted or altered.
How to Contact Us. If you have any questions or comments about this Notice, or if you would like us to update information we have about you or your preferences, please contact us by email at email@example.com or call us at (503) 253-7826 (toll-free: (800) 847-8665).
You also may write to us at:
Leatherman Tool Group, Inc.
P.O. Box 20595
Portland, OR 97294